2021 TML Annual Conference attendee Housing Instructions
Attendee room blocks will open Tuesday, July 20 at 10:00 a.m. CDT.
Remember! To reserve rooms in conference hotel blocks you must be registered.
WARNING: The official housing company for the TML Annual Conference and Exhibition is the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau. This is the only official entity authorized to arrange hotel reservations for attendees. If you are contacted by any other company offering to make hotel reservations for you, we urge you not to book with them as they are not affiliated with Texas Municipal League. Please alert TML firstname.lastname@example.org if you are contacted.
Steps to Register and Reserve Rooms Online
- Review conference registration fees and hotel information prior to opening day.
- Know the member ID number for each attendee. ID numbers can be found here.
- On opening day, you will register for the conference by using the member ID number for each person. You will see a link to reserve hotel rooms next to the name of each registered person.
- Reservations made by mail, telephone, or fax are not accepted.
- If you are unable to reserve rooms online please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Hotel Choice: If you cannot book rooms in your first choice hotel, don’t worry. Book rooms in any conference hotel. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the list for another property. If you are in the system we can easily transfer your registrations as rooms become available. Hotel change requests are handled on a first come, first served basis as rooms become available.
- When registering multiple people and booking their hotel rooms keep the registration and housing tabs open as you toggle back and forth to register and acquire housing for each registered person.
- When making multiple hotel reservations use the email address of the person making the reservations not the guest. This ensures that the appropriate person will have all the hotel arrangements for your city. For privacy and security reasons, hotel confirmations will ONLY be shared with the person whose email address is on the reservation. After checking the confirmation for accuracy, you may forward the reservation to the actual guest.
- A credit card is required to guarantee each reservation and may be billed for one night’s stay prior to arrival at the discretion of the hotel. To find out more about particular hotel policies, please contact housing staff at email@example.com.
- An email acknowledgement (confirmation) for each reservation will be sent as reservations are confirmed. Always review your confirmation for accuracy and keep a copy for your records.
- Guests will receive a modification email any time a change is made to a reservation.
- Do not use bookmarked pages from past conferences. You may be sent to a page that is no longer current.
- Hotels may charge early departure fees for changes at or after check-in. If you need to change your stay date(s), please contact the housing department prior to September 14 to avoid penalties.
- In the unlikely event that all conference hotels sell out an online waiting list (TML Waiting List Hotel) will be available to enter your guest room requirements. These requests will be handled on a first come, first served basis. Everyone on the waiting list will be served.
Online Troubleshooting Tips
- Can’t connect to register for conference? Try using another browser such as Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
- Set spam filters to accept emails from the TML Housing Bureau <firstname.lastname@example.org> to receive email confirmations.
The TML Housing Bureau must receive all cancellations in writing to email@example.com on or prior to August 23, 2021 to avoid penalty. Any cancellations received after August 23 will be assessed a $75 cancellation fee by the housing bureau. This fee will be charged within seven days of cancellation. In addition, cancellations received after September 14, 2021 will also be subject to a one night’s room and tax penalty by your confirmed hotel.
Assistance and Questions
- Email requests receive faster service.
- For registration assistance, please contact TML accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For housing assistance, please contact:
o Housing Bureau Staff: email@example.com
o TML Housing Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To modify or cancel confirmed reservations, contact email@example.com.